Enhance your brand and accentuate your message with eye-catching, wear-resisting dome labels and 3D decals from TLP. Tough, durable, crystal-clear, polyurethane dome covers and protects the crisp, vibrant custom graphics below.
Scratch, scuff and weather resistant, domed labels can be used indoors or out and are available with permanent adhesive or magnet backing. TLP’s capabilities ensure great dome label results with special attention given to each component:
- Polyurethane dome. TLP’s crystal-clear, two-part polyurethane resin is UV resistant, non-yellowing and scratch resistant as well as automotive grade material – the best available on the market today.
- Printed ink. Crisp, vibrant, color matched graphics are possible using digitally printed inks.
- Graphic base material. Our advanced digital printing capabilities allow for crisp, full-color graphics without expensive plate and die charges.
- High tack adhesive. We use high tack, permanent acrylic adhesive, which is excellent for smooth plastics, polished metals, glass and much more.
- Liner back or magnet layer. Select from paper or film liners based on your application or choose a magnetic back.
Why consider a Dome Label for your application? Here are just a few of the advantages:
- Excellent impact resistance
- Attractive 3D appearance
- Automotive-grade polyurethane won’t yellow
- Flexibility to match special size or shape
- Point of purchase
- Product identification
A domed decal is a label that has been coated with a clear polyurethane compound to enhance the label and give it a three-dimensional appearance. Sometimes referred to as bubble labels or gel labels, domed decals are mainly used for their unique appearance but offer other benefits such as weatherproofing and chemical resistance.
Domed labels are produced by printing images onto labels and then pouring a mixture of clear liquid polyurethane on top of the label. The decals then need to sit a few hours for the polyurethane to fully cure into its permanent three-dimensional shape.
Domed decals are normally relatively rigid and are best suited in applications where the domes can avoid being excessive bending. However, at TLP, the rigidity of the domes can be adjusted for specific applications to make them either more or less flexible. One of the main applications where flexible domed decals are necessary is with automotive floormats due to the bending they can be exposed to.
A domed decal is a label with a three-dimensional layer of clear polyurethane resin compound resting on top of it to give it the appearance of a “bubble” whereas an embossed label is where elements of a label (usually text or images) are raised above the surface of the rest of the label. A common example of an embossed label is a wine label where you can feel the pattern and text that are raised due to the embossing process.
Yellowing or discoloration of domed decal labels can occur depending on what doming liquid a manufacturer chooses to use. If a label manufacturer creates domed decals with epoxy resin instead of polyurethane, the domes can harden, yellow, and shrink over time. However, TLP uses automotive-grade polyurethane that prevents discoloration and will maintain its physical properties over time. Epoxy resins are often used due to it being cheaper than polyurethane, but they will not last in their ideal state, unlike polyurethane labels.
Contact Tailored Label Products to discuss your dome label project application. We’re ready to talk about our in-house manufacturing process and the unique characteristics of utilizing polyurethane doming for your application. Reach out to us today!